Thursday, December 04, 2008

December Update

Dear friends and family,


The year is almost over and here in Namibia things are going good.  We are now into our summer and it is really hot!  Looking back now at another year I can't help but be humbled by what God has done.  Not only in the ways He has grown the ministry here, but how He has grown us as well.  When I look at the fact that we have been married now for 18 months, I wonder where the time has gone.  It has been a wonderful 18 months.  With everything I consider myself so blessed by Gods grace.  When I think about where I was to where I am now, I praise God for it.  It is His grace!  And I want to say here at the beginning of this update that we are so thankful to God for our supporters.  I know that as it is says in Acts 20:35 that "It is more blessed to give than to receive", but when we look at the fact that all are needs are met by those God has called to give, we feel pretty blessed.  I look forward to the day when the church here is able to support missionaries to other area's.  We also want to thank those who have faithfully prayed for us and the ministry here.  Prayer is so important!  It is God not us that establishes, sustains, and grows the church and it's ministries.  So, I guess what I am saying is that looking back at this year gets me excited about what God will do next year and the coming years.  

The woodcarvers bible study has continued to be a study that I look forward to each week.  We are still going through the Book of I Corinthians.  This week was our last study for this year.  We will start back in January when everyone gets back from holiday.  We have just finished chapter 1.  I am hoping to see Tiago take some more leadership in this study next year.

The school bible studies have been on break now for exams and holiday.  We will start those back up in January.  Please pray for more students for these bible studies for next year.

I have started to meet with Tiago and Christiaan on saturdays for our mens study where we are going through Systematic Theology by Wayn Grudem.  So far it has been going well.  We will be starting in January by going back and studying church government.  We will hopefully go through this with another local pastor as well.  So I am really looking forward to this.

We are doing a summer camp next week.  This will be a great opportunity to build some new relationships with some students we have not been working with yet.  So this will set us up for youth ministry next year.  We will continue to do bible studies at both schools and do a youth night at the MPMC on friday nights.  The camp will be from monday the 8th to thursday the 11th.  The theme is freedom.  We will be going through Romans 7:14-chapter 8.  I am looking forward to this a lot.  There is 21 students that will be coming.  Please pray for our time at this camp.  Pray that God would open doors for us to build some good lasting relationships with these students.

The wed. night study has also been stopped for the holiday.  We will start up again in January when everyone comes back.

The church continues to go well. I am preaching the the book of Acts.  So far It has been great!  I will post my last two sermons onto our blog if anyone would like to check them out.  I have had alot of good feedback from this series.  I am definatly looking forward to next year continuing this sermon series.  We will be stopping the sunday morning service on sundays since everyone will be going places for holiday.  I know this may seem strange to some there, but this is pretty typical of churches here.  The whole town of okahandja pretty much closes down.  So we will start back up with normal services on January 11th.  

Alot of my time right now has been going into the planning of this camp.  All in all things are still going well, and we are looking forward to another great year.   Thank you again to all our supporters that have been along side of us though this year.  We hope to raise some money for a house for us next year.  We are needing to move from where we are now, and we would like to get to a more stable place to live.  A house here costs to buy about $25,000USD.  So please pray for us in this.  We would appreciate your prayers or if anyone would feel led to support us with funding in this You can contact me directly.  Thank you again for all your prayers.  We have also uploaded some new pictures on our flickr site.  May God bless you all.

blog: http://buddynamibia.blogspot.com/

Flickr site: http://www.flickr.com/photos/bahun_family_in_namibia/

               


           Serving Christ,

                      

                          Buddy and Julia 

No comments: