Tuesday, September 07, 2010

update...

Hello everyone,

Thank you all for your patience being that I have not written for a while. Things have been busy, and good being that they have been busy. Now...as it has been a little while since I have written I am going to try and not make this post so long, but we will see.

First, I just wanted to share with you all how the church has been going. I think that we are finally getting past that "we are new" hump. We are getting to know the people alot better and this obviously opens alot of good doors. Two sundays ago was a special sunday. One I taught on I Cor. 6:12-20, which is focusing on using our bodies for the Lord. The teaching went really well and I got as direct as possible without firing myself.: ) Then we also had Grace's Baby dedication. This was a very special time for both us and the church. I will post some pictures soon. This sunday Pastor Laban was gone to Zimbabwe for the Sola 5 Conference. This is the group of churches here in southern Africa that Monte Christo is a member of. You can check out more if you like at http://www.conradmbewe.com/2010/09/day-four-2010-sola-5-conference.html. This is a blog of each day of the conference. This link is just for day four, but you can view the others if you like as well. So that gave me a chance to preach again on sunday. I preached on Acts 6:8 through all of chapter 7. It was along passage , but such a good one. It is mainly focusing on Stephen and his amazing sermon to the arrogant jewish leaders that were accusing him of blasphemy. It was a good one.

Last week was a week full of counseling as well. We had our first pre-marital counseling session with a couple from the church. This is something Julia and I will take on. That any pre-marital counseling that is needed will be done by us. The first session actually started kind of rough. We listened to how they met and why they wanted to get married. Then I asked them to share there testimonies. This is where it started to get hard. It was evident that after talking with them..the woman was a believer, but the guy was not. So then I shared the gospel with the guy for about an hour. It was hard because he was evidently disagreeing with much of the gospel while the woman agreed. Please pray for our next session for this thursday. I also had my first counseling session with a young man who has been struggling with sexual sin and has now a son with a woman he would like to marry. Our first time went really well. We read scripture and prayed together.

The house to house ministry is going well as usual. We have now shifted to another house. We have moved to Paulina's house. This is our first time being at this house and are looking forward to meeting some of the neighbors around. Last week we had one neighbor come. Please pray that God would use us in this community.

The Membership class continues. We have just 3 weeks left of the class until we are done. Then at the end of the class we will have on one sunday baptisms for some in the class. So this is something I am looking forward to. It really has been great to see how many in this class have grown. These last few weeks I have seen alot of good responses and questions showing there growth. Pictures will follow...

As many of you who have followed us for a while know...although we have moved to Windhoek, we still have a heart for okahandja. Last week we were able to go into okahandja and see some of the people there. We went and visited the woodcarvers and were able to see Tiago(one of the woodcarvers/dear friend). He is doing well. He is spending most of his time on the coast now, being that business is better there. Please continue to pray for that group. We continue to hope to see them more often.

Lastly, I wanted to share a praise with everyone. We have found a truck to buy!!!! It is a 2001 Isuzu kb280. This is a 2.8 turbo diesel. It needs a little work right away, but the important things(engine, transmission, ect) are in great condition. We just have to get things like new tires. I can not tell you how excited/relieved we are that we will soon have this truck. We want to publicly once again just thank all those that gave towards this truck. We never could have gotten it with out your generous giving. We will post some pictures as soon as we have it. It will probably be monday at the latest.

Well...I think that is all for now. Like I said I could probably write forever. But I won't. I will try to post some new pictures of grace as well very soon. She is really growing like a bush weed. Take care!


2 comments:

vinske said...

Hi Buddy and Julia,

It is great to read your update, thanks for posting it!
We are doing fine, still praying what God wants us to do :-)
The weather in Holland is quite terrible, a LOT of rain!!! Autumn started a couple of weeks ago, I guess.... Usually it starts here at the end of September.
Hope to see the pictures of Grace soon!

Love

Fetske

Joel said...

Good news on the vehicle. I knew the Lord would provide. He always does.