Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Ministry update

Well hello friends,


We hope and pray that everyone is doing well. It has been awhile since I have written a ministry update. So hopefully this will not be to long.

First, This past week we had our first module of Seminary courses. I will not say much here because I will post another post just for this. But the week went well and we all feel like we have a good vision for this College. More soon.

Firm Foundation Study:

This continues to go well. Each week it is exciting to see how the students are enjoying it. I don't know if I mentioned this before, but this study is really a course on biblical theology. It teaches from the beginning of the bible to Jesus, showing how the bible is truly one book with one author. I will share with you a brief story of one class. One of the lessons we go through is about the fall of Lucifer and the Spirit beings. This is a very great lesson. When we came to the the end and I explained about God's righteous judgement on Lucifer, one student wanted to ask a question. He asked, "Why didn't God give Lucifer a second chance like He gave us?" I responded that God didn't even give us a second chance...He sent a Saviour!! Our sin separates us from God, and there is nothing we could do or would do to bring us back together. See, if we think of our salvation as a second chance then we are saying that it was in our control with our first chance. It's not like we were perfect and we messed up so God said, "ok...well, try again!". No!! We are born sinners because we are all in the image of our father Adam. But God by His grace sent His only Son Jesus to take the penalty of our sins so we can be born again. We never had a first chance. But we do have one Saviour commanding all men everywhere to believe. It was a good week! Please continue to pray that God teaches and builds up those in this study.

House to House Group:

This group continues to go well, and be a wonderful part of our week. We have been going through the book of Ephesians. Two weeks ago we started on Eph. 5:22-24. This sparked many questions. So we will be discussing it tonight as well, and maybe get into husbands. We have been meeting at Meme Linea's house and will move to Tate Emmanual's next week. Again, we move to a different house after a month. Please pray for our conversations in these next few weeks about marriage and family. This is one of the most needed topics and difficulties here. Pray that God reveals truth to all our hearts.

Sunday Morning Worship:

Sunday services have been going well. I had continued to go through the book of Acts, and Laban is doing a teaching series on shepherds. I will be taking a break from for a bit to do a series on "what is a healthy church member". This should be a wonderful series and very practical for us. Please be in prayer for me in this series. I personally prefer to go through books of the bible but every once in a while it is applicable to do some topical sermons.

Student Ministry:

This week I will be going to One of the main Universities here in Namibia. We are desiring to start ministering at these campuses reaching out to the college students. Please be praying that God would lead us and give us opportunities to speak with many students about Christ.

Well, I think that is it for now. I will be writing a little later about Grace Ministerial Academy. And I will post some pictures. Until later.

Buddy

2 comments:

Blake said...

Buddy,
Great to hear about your seminary experience and perfect retort. Indeed we don;t have a second chance!
I am just about to begin preaching through Acts, so I would be curious to hear aboutyour experience with that book.
Also, regarding your "what is a healthy church member" study, I don;t kow if you are using this book (since it has the same title) but Thabiti Anyabwile's book is short but comprehensive on the subject. Let me know if you DON'T have it and I will send it to you.
In Christ's grip,
Your brother Blake

Buddy and Julia Bahun said...

Blake,

Thank you so much for your comment. I have really loved the book of Acts. If you would like I can send you a few of the sermons I have done. I would love to get your opinion on them. I do have that book. It is a great book!! I will be using it as well as Mark Devers book "9 Marks of a healthy church". It will be a focus on the responsibilities of a church member. We hope to see you guys soon Lord willing. Talk to you later.

Buddy