Friday, June 17, 2011

Happy 1st Birthday Grace!

Our little angel turned 1 today. We are truly thankful for Grace. We cannot imagine our lives without her. She is so much fun! We also know that this is all by the grace of our God. That He has chosen to show us His unfailing love in so many ways and parenting being apart of that love. Today we look back remembering the day we met our baby. Its so fresh in our memories as if it was just a few minutes ago. The excitements, anxiety and of course the many tears.
So many people have asked me numerous times about our journey to having Grace. The first time someone asked I was taken back.....I asked myself what does she mean? I had a c-section there is nothing more to that (this was not my answer just in my mind). Well as time went by, I got this question so many times than i even expected. This got me thinking about my whole journey and what the Lord taught me through it. You know so many times you read someone's labour story and all that they went through. I in many ways wished I had gone into labour and given birth to our daughter without the help of medicine or a Caesarian. One thing i know now for sure, is that no matter how your baby comes into this world the important thing is that you love them, enjoy them, have fun with them and above all remember you are an ambassador of the Lord shepherding a child/ren's heart.
A few minutes before Grace. Can you tell i'm nervous.
Grace a few hours old
Grace ready to enjoy her first taste of sugar :)
YUM!!! Happy 1st Birthday sweetie. We LOVE you!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Thanks for posting, my friend. Beautiful read :)

Buddy and Julia Bahun said...

Thanks Erin!