Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Greetings!!!

Well as I promised...here is the first of many blog posts.....This week has been a pretty eventful week. Last friday we had the membership class that I lead. This week we started our next section on "Prayer". Already it is shaping up to be a pretty good lesson. After this we will start to talk about the importance of the local church, and look at what the role of the church member is as a part of it. We will also be looking at what is a healthy church member. For this I will be referencing a book by Thabiti M Anyabwile called "What is a healthy church member?". This book corresponds with Mark Dever's book "9 marks of a healthy church". I am thankful for both of these books.
Sunday service went well. I preached on Acts 5:1-11. Oh yes!!...Ananias and Saphira...After expounding the sin they had committed I gave three points from Peters response. 1. There is a right of ownership(vs4)..2. The role of Satan in there sin-spiritual warfare(vs3)...3. Sin is always against God(vs4). It went well and people responded well to it after the service. The family bible hour went ok this week as well.
This week we were not able to make it to the house to house ministry. It is always hard to miss the house group. The other leader in our group Nitu, led the group through the next few verses of Ephesians. We are looking forward to next week already.
Our daughter Grace continues to be such a blessing. She is doing well. Last night was a good sleep night!!! We love those, they seem to be few. Julia is doing well. There is next to no pain and recovery is good. Thank you all for your prayers during the birth and over this past month.
I also want to share with you all something to pray for us and a opportunity to help. Today as I was driving I noticed steam coming from the front of the car. I wasn't far from the house so when I got home and investigated I found that there is a major crack in our radiator and it will need to be replaced. I called Honda here and they said the part would have to be shipped in from Japan and would cost us N$3,892($556USD). That is about N$3,892 more than we have to put in the car. That is also without labor cost. We are wanting to sell the car to get one I can do the work on, but we have to sell this one first. Really we are wanting to get a new(used....alot!) car that will better suit us. Please let us know if you would be willing to help us with this. We really need any help possible.

Well I think that is all for now for the blog post. I hope you and the other person reading it enjoyed it(ha ha ha). I will write again soon.

No comments: