Friday, July 23, 2010

Update on car situation!!!

Hi everyone,

Well I thought I would blog again....I know...two in one week...wow! Anyways, I really just wanted to give a quick update on our car. As I said in the previous post..our car is in serious disrepair. We found out that our radiator is cracked. And a replacement will cost us N$3892($556USD). Well, today I went to a radiator place to see if they could just repair it and that way keep us from having to get a new one. Unfortunately after looking at it they said there is no way to repair it, I would have to get a new one..: (. So I called Honda and asked if they could order one in being that it was a Japan item. They said they could, but it will take 21 days. This is not so good!! Most of all we do not have the funding for this part, being we are actually already fixing other issues like brakes, shocks, aircon/any air flow, ect. So again if anyone is willing to help us to fix the car we really would appreciate it.
Really our main goal is to sell this car. We are really needing a small truck so we can get up north to the villages. A used 1995 ford or mazda will cost us on average N$65,000($9,285USD). So our hope is that when we fix the few things wrong with our current car we can sell it for that amount or raise money to offset the amount. Please be in prayer for us with the car. If we were to not have a car it would greatly decrease our ability to do many ministries. It is one of our biggest needs right now. If you would like to help us in any way or have any questions, please contact me via email and I can give you our bank details there in the states. My email is gtbutters@gmail.com. Thank you for reading this post and your support.

Buddy

1 comment:

Beukes Family Update said...

Hi Buddy, thanks for the update on the car situation, much appreciated. I am not sure if your friends, family and ministry partners know how much vehicles cost in Namibia. But if you find a "good" vehicle for the amount mentioned please get me one as well :-)

On a more serious note, that is not enough to buy a good vehicle, you need to double the amount to approximately N$130,000. That would be a better bet for a good secondhand double cab.

Buddy's friends and family, please pray for double the amount mentioned in his blog.

We don't want them to struggle with the "new" vehicle, we want them to focus only on ministry.

Be blessed my mate.