Saturday, August 07, 2010

Family and stuff...

Well...we have come to another week. I truly do not know how this week has gone by so fast. I guess maybe because it was so busy.

I figured I would start this weeks post with a brief update on us personally. Grace is now 7 weeks old. Last week I forgot to mention that she had her 6 week shots...That was not so fun. We have been really debating on wether she really needs all these shots. So we will see what we do next time. But other than that everything is going well. Grace has grown so fast!!! When she was born she was 2.56kg and now she is a little over 4kg. And...when she was born she was 49cm, but now she is 57cm. She is growing like a weed. She has been doing ok at night. There are some nights that she sleeps right through the night, but then others when it seems like she is up every hour. Julia is doing well. She has pretty much completely recovered. Also it was her birthday yesterday. So we spent some time out during the day, and then I cooked her a meal for dinner. These are pretty much what we do for special occasions.

I also wanted to give everyone an update on our car. As you may have read before our desire is to sell our car and purchase a double cab truck so we can get to the north easier for both family and for ministry. Right now we are just waiting on the radiator to come in from Japan(21 days) so that we can fix it and then sell it. As we have been looking at the price of trucks, and when we tell someone that price for our current car...they pretty much do not even ask further because it is too high. Well, this week we were contacted by a supporter that is giving $4000USD toward the car for us. This was such a humbling gift! This will allow us to sell our current car for a little less(more reasonable) and have some extra money to add to the price, so to buy the truck. So now please just be in prayer that our car sells quickly and a good truck becomes available to buy for us.

Well that is a little update on us right now. I will post the ministry update next...stay tuned!

1 comment:

Dad/Doug said...

Buddy, I found out about Julia's birthday on August 8th from MG. I didn't even have it in my planner. I don't know why I didn't but please tell Julia a belated birthday wish for her. I know she is very busy with Church and family activities. I will put some funds in your account after September 3rd. I'll send you an email when it's in the account. Itis great hearing what the Lord is doing in Namibia. Keep up the good work and keep the messages coming. I'll try to send you a longer update on the family in my personal email to you and Julia. Bye for now. God bless you all. Dad.