Tuesday, November 23, 2010

21 November 2010-Baptisms

Well, This past sunday was a great sunday! As you will see from the pictures below, I had the privilege of baptizing three men and one woman. These were those that have been attending the baptism/membership class I have been teaching for most of this year. That has really been my greatest joy with this group. I have seen as they have gone through this class, that they love the Lord and truly desire to follow Him with there lives. The whole service went well. I started by teaching on baptism, as there were many visitors who came to see there family members get baptized, but didn't understand it. It went well. Pastor laban preached then after we did the baptisms. Then after the service we all came together and remembered Jesus as we took the Lords Supper. It was a Joyful time! I will try to explain each picture below.

(Picture 1). This mans name is Daniel. He was saved earlier this year and came to the church seeking to be discipled. We asked him if he had been baptized and he replied that he hadn't. So he started to attend the class.


(Picture 2). This young mans name is Juan Domingo. He originally came from the angolan refugee camp in Osire where there is a mission church being planted. Juan has been such a joy to disciple over this year. He is just finishing his grade 11 in school, but already very interested in being involved in ministry. I am hoping to continue to work with him going forward.


(Picture 3). This young lady is Arminda Domingo. She is Juan's sister. During the coarse of the class I have seen good growth in her and hope to see much more next year as well.


(Picture 4). This picture is of the group before they were baptized. They stood in front of the church and shared there testimonies. It is always such a wonderful time when we hear testimonies before baptism isn't it!


(Picture 5). This mans name is Nicodemus. He is actually apart of one of the mission churches here in Windhoek called Havanah Baptist church. It is in a outlying area here. He will be going there and start to be more active in ministry there.


(Picture 6). Here is a picture of half of the room while I was baptizing. The church has been growing and things continue to go well.


Please continue to pray for these that were baptized. Most of them are the only born again believer in there families. Please pray that they continue to learn through God's Word. I also just want to thank those that support us here. These pictures serve as a testimony to what you have helped make possible. For those that continue to pray for us here...Thank you!! Prayer is so important. To those that are giving regularly to us...Thank you!! You have made so much possible by supporting me and my family. I Julia and Grace also are so thankful!

Please continue to pray for our support! We are not anywhere close to where we need to be. And we need to be going to the North next month to both see family and so I can preach at a church there over new years with Laban. Please contact me if you would be willing to support us monetarily. My email address is: gtbutters@gmail.com. Until next time!

Buddy

No comments: