Tuesday, November 09, 2010

ministry update/woodcarvers/needs/support...and I guess anything else. : )

Well, I hope you enjoyed the last post from my wife. It gives a little idea of some of what we deal with almost every day. These last couple weeks have been pretty busy.

Ministry Update

The Saturday before last we had the opportunity to spend some time with the young adult group from the church. They needed someone with a truck who could transport them to a park where they were going to have a fun day. So...being that we now have a truck we were pleased to help. The day was a wonderful day!!! Both Julia and I really enjoyed spending time with them and it was a great chance to get to know many better.

During the week has stayed pretty much the same. We have had to cut back the time spent at the church though. This had to be done because of not having the money for petrol...which I will explain in a bit.

Sunday has continued to be great. This past sunday I taught on I Cor. 9:24-10:13. Paul showed the Corinthians through the bad examples of Israel that they ought to be obedient. It went well. I Really believe this book has been alot of help to the church this year, and we are eager to see what the Lord will teach us as we go on.

The house to house ministry continues to go well. We have had some challenges the last few weeks with having a home to meet in. Many of our members have been either sick or out of town. So the last two weeks we have been meeting at the church building on Monday. I have continued to teach through the book of Ephesians, and this week have finished chapter 3. Honestly, it is much better to meet at one of our houses rather than there. We lose a sense of family by coming there. Please pray that we would be able to go to a house next week.

As we continue to look to next year we are looking forward most to the start of this ministerial college that I mentioned in a earlier post. We will start up with four courses next year and go from there. As I think I mentioned before, I will be a student and a coordinator of it. Please pray for wisdom as we prepare and seek out young men to attend.

Woodcarvers:

I wanted to give a update on the woodcarvers. Really not to much has changed. Except that we have now received all the money that was given, so we will be going to the woodcarvers this week. We had a bit of a delay in getting the money being that Laban was out of town on Mission up north. But we have received it now. I spoke with Tiago this morning, one of the woodcarvers that lost his shop, and he said that really nothing had been done. Really the issue is with the local gov. I had mentioned in a earlier post that there was a company willing to come and re-build the market even better. They came and made up the plans and when they took it to the mayer and regional councilor to have approved...they refused! Since then they have not been helped. So the money that has been given is needed now more than ever. It will help with rebuilding and getting some more stock of goods. Please continue to pray for them and for who we also will help.

Needs:

As I had promised some time ago, we will begin to post some of our needs on a more regular basis. This month has been and continues to be a challenging month. Our support is usually around $1400USD per month. Which usually works out to about N$10,000 namibian. This month we only received $825USD. So needless to say we are really struggling. To give you an idea the amount that came in only covered our rent and medical insurance. Thats it! So...with that said, I would ask that anyone reading this would consider giving extra this month. Or if you are not a regular monthly supporter and would like to help us out this month with a one time gift or would like to be a monthly supporter, then please email me at gtbutters@gmail.com. For those that would like to help this month, because we are right now not having anything, time is a factor. The fastest way to give is directly to our Chase bank account, which I will give the information to those that email. I am not sure why the support was so low this month. I have not received a report on the giving from Apex for a few months now. Please pray about what you can give!

I want to say thank you to those that have been faithfully giving. Although our funding is low we are so thankful for what has been given! You all are our partners and dear friends. Everyday I work with the people here I am reminded of those that support us to make it possible. Thank you! We continue to trust the Lord to provide and supply every need. I know people may say this all the time, and to us it is sincere being that we are totally dependent on Him anyways! May God show you the joy and goodness of complete dependency on Him..as He is showing us! May God bless!

Buddy

No comments: