Monday, November 08, 2010

Hello everyone :), It surely has been ages since I (Julia) has blogged. So bare with me......alot has happened and is happening. Most of which makes me wish I can express myself in my anger. But than again that may not be so good. I find myself wanting to quit and given up on things. Sometimes it can be as small as a nasty comment made by a stranger just because i'm carrying a "white" baby. Recently we went to a garage (gas station) and a young lady at the teller asked me in oshiwambo "how come you a black lady has a "white" baby? I want one too. I silenced for a while and the guy next to her also working as a teller answered...."oh don't you know that nowadays people ONLY want to open their legs to white men. I was so shocked by the guys answer i left the store and back to the car and told Buddy what had happened. Long story short we decided to just go and let it be. Few days later I spoke to a friend who knows the owner so she went and told him what happened to her friend (me) and they called us in to identify the workers....so he gave them written warnings. Things like those get me so upset that I just leave and don't say much just because i'm afraid of saying something in anger and later regretting about it and the person is no-where for me to find them and apologize, my conscience will tare me apart. It also serves me as a reminder that we live in a sinful world and people like that will always be around and its up to us (Buddy and myself) to protect our child/ren. I know we don't want our kid/s to grow hearing comments like that, we know they will but for now its time for us to continue preparing ourselves.
I love my husband and i will not let it hurt my marriage just because of things like those :). Thats it for now....till next time its bye bye for now.

Julia

1 comment:

vinske said...

Dear Julia, I was shocked when i read your post. You already told me a little bit about people reacting strange when they see you and Buddy. But this.... I feel sad that people tell you this. You are a wonderful mum and wife, too bad they can't see that. I admire your strength not to say something in anger. You are right, saying something too harshly will be a burden for you as well. I really hope that the Lord will give you wisdom how to react when something like this happen. People do need to know that it is very offending and wrong to say something like this, I think...
How is Grace doing? Loved the pictures I saw two weeks ago :-), she is such a lovely baby!! And her eyes..... amazing!!
I read Buddy's blog as well. I pray that the Lord will provide again and I will talk to Vincent to see what we can do...
With love from Holland!
Fetske